Monday, August 8, 2011

EOC WK 5:

I recently had a PA production job working with Nike on a photo shoot for their men’s apparel line of clothing. During a break, one of the models mentioned that he attended UCLA and had a degree in finance. The economic turmoil became part of the discussion as well, but he mentioned that he is a consultant for Wells Fargo, and that how I got his business card. My fiancé works for a real estate firm, and we attended a little get together at one of her friend’s house. Real estate agents work with lawyers all the time, especially when it comes to foreclosures. She introduced me to one of the lawyers she works with, and I mentioned I’m not in the foreclosure business but I’m in the entertainment industry and was curious if he could recommend an entertainment lawyer. He handed me his business card, I said, “Thank you, you don’t know how much this will help me.” The other business cards that I need are from people I already know, but more time is needed for me to market myself effectively. I’m looking forward for the Audioversity Expo at the Hilton coming up at the end of this month. Yamaha is showcasing their new products, various control surfaces and software that are going to be released this year. They will also have workshops that will have demonstrations on how each product will work, and this will give me a better understanding how each product operates. This will be a good place to market my abilities to other audio related companies that will be attending this event. These events are great when it comes to expanding your network because people will remember the face behind the name rather than an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment