Monday, August 15, 2011

EOC WK 6: How Do I See My Role Starting In The Industry?

My role in the industry as of now, I’m an audio technician for the Local I.A.T.S.E here in Las Vegas, but I don’t see myself working in the Union for the rest of my career. After receiving my degree, I definitely will research my options so that I will have control of what I can do for the audio industry. I see myself in two primary positions in the industry; I would love to be a recording engineer for several purposes. Primarily working with musicians, producers and A&R reps recording music for mainstream distribution. Recording a music compilation can be an incredible experience. I can visualize my self in this position, because as a musician I worked on albums and it was enjoyable. I couldn’t be happier making music in a studio. The process can be gruesome, but it is all about the end result. Music is an extension of emotion, and when you listen to the end result, it is an experience that one realizes that my performance is recorded and anyone can listen to this for ages to come. I also would like to work on music scoring and sound design for major motion pictures. I like the fact that in certain situations in a movie scene the music enhances the action in the movie. When I was a kid, seeing Star Wars for the first time took me to a different planet. I never seen a light saber before, but the sound of the light saber made it realistic. Ben Burtt became a figure of admiration, somewhat of a hero in my mind. He was more like a magician, creating sounds that were out of this world. I would love to become that magician, change the way people hear things that are happening around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment