Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 4 EOC: Executive Summary

The concept of the nature of my business that I envision will consist two departments, but these departments are relative. The audio department will be dealing with sound design, Foley art, ADR / voice talent, music scoring for TV and movies. The video-editing department will consist of cleaning up footage by color correction and mixing and mastering the audio to video media. All the work will be done in an acoustically treated environment so that the engineer will be able to mix and master in a 7.1 stereo setting correctly.
The plan on attracting the clientele I need by the means of networking and marketing. I’m a member of the AES (Audio Engineering Society), and I have a base of contacts on Linkedin. AES provides web services for it’s members, enabling them to make contacts all around the world. Other websites that I’m affiliated with have my work of previous projects on them that people can hear and judge my work. I have several sound bites on Soundcloud, this website also allows you to track how many people listen to your tracks. In the marketing department, I plan on purchasing add space on these websites: Musicians Friend, Sound Space, Pro Sound. This will allow me to attract possible clientele through each one of their subscribers who visits each individual web site.
Odds On Recording, Digital Site and Sound will be my competitors in the local market, they offer recording in HD and their equipment is state of the art. My system will be an HD native Pro Tools 9 set up, and I can offer the same services cheaper. Due to the fact that my facility is smaller and I won’t need a major return on the initial investment on equipment that I purchased for this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment